For all the attention the mainstream media (MSM) give to poor and desperate people who are here illegally, who just want a better life for themselves and their families, I get that. Their stories are sometimes intriguing, heart-breaking and sell copy. There are stories, however, that the MSM won’t touch. They have to do with the real victims – those who have died at the hands of illegal aliens.
For too many years those stories have been overlooked and ignored in favor of ones that focus on families being broken up because of deportation orders. In an effort to elicit pity and gain political power, the left routinely parade out “dreamers,” those who were brought here through no fault of their own. But now things are changing. Finally we have a president who cares about the real issues as regard illegal immigration.
At a rally early on in his run for president, Donald Trump met with and brought out before the media several relatives of some of the victims of illegal immigration. They may not have too many stories written about them but their memories are kept alive by an organization called The Remembrance Project. Some of those victims include:
- Jamiel Shaw II, who had his whole life ahead of him. A high school football star on his way to college and possibly the NFL, his future looked quite bright until it was cut short by an illegal alien just released from jail the day before.
- Ruben Morfin, a 13-year old boy who was killed by an illegal alien gang member who asked him what he was (i.e. what gang is he in). When Ruben answered he was an American, he was shot in the head.
- Eric Haydu Zepeda, a 22-year old who, while riding his motorcycle, was hit by an illegal alien from Guatemala who had two felony DUI convictions. He was in a coma for four weeks before being taken off life support.
- Drew Rosenberg, 23, hit by an illegal alien at a slow speed while riding his motorcycle. As the illegal alien tried to flee the scene he ran over Drew twice.
- Dominic Durden, 30, died at the hands of an unlicensed and uninsured illegal alien in 2012. Dominic was a 9-1-1 dispatcher for the Riverside Sheriff Department (in California) and well-liked among his friends, peers and co-workers.
- Kate Steinle, killed on Pier 14 in San Francisco (a sanctuary city) by an illegal alien who had been previously deported five times. At 32 she had her whole life ahead of her.
There’s a reason we have immigration laws. It’s not to keep foreigners out. It’s not to keep people of certain colors, races or religions out. It’s to keep criminals and those who would do us harm out. It’s about our nation’s security and sovereignty. The reason we want secured borders is not to discriminate but to protect Americans.
If someone truly wants to become an American citizen and learn to speak, read, write and comprehend the English language at a basic level, I’m all for it. If that person wants to contribute to the American economic system and pay taxes every other American pays, or even start a business and provide employment for other American citizens, even better. Most Americans welcome that in an immigrant. The desire to achieve the American Dream is what has fueled the passion for those who’ve been coming here for centuries. There is a proper procedure, though, for immigrating here.
With President Trump continuing to keep his campaign promises, securing our borders and enforcing our immigration laws can finally become a reality.
Tom Folden is a political strategist, conservative thinker, and Editor-at-Large of RightWingWriter.com, a website for conservative viewpoints. An original participant in the Tea Party, he takes part in pro-America rallies when his time permits. He is also a singer/songwriter and recording artist. For interviews and/or appearances, please contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.